Heart of Carrot

Heart of Carrot

Jun 21, 2015

Garden Update 6/21/15

I am very thankful to my neighbors for watering my garden and flowers while we were gone. Almost everything survived. I did lose the rest of the summer squash and the last spaghetti squash plant. I was able to harvest a few squash before I removed the plants. The cucumber plants are looking a bit sad, but they are still producing. Most of the cucumber skins turned yellow, however the flesh is still tasty.

Both tomato plants are producing. The cherry tomato grew about two feet while we were gone. We have so many cherry tomatoes, I plan on dehydrating them. The few beans plants I have left are still producing. Only greens and yellows, the purples all died. I am not worried about having beans. Our neighbor is growing 42 bean plants, he has an abundance.


I lost three flowers and my gardenia has lost all of its flowers. It looks like we got a lot of rain while we were gone because my succulents are droopy.  I moved uncover our awning. Hopefully they will dry out and survive.

I have a lot of open garden space right now. I have not decided if I am going to plant more right now or wait until the end of August. I have been very tired lately, I am not sure I can keep with more gardening at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment